Solo mining on Linux
This is a tutorial for solo mining on Linux. Please be aware that I am using Elementry OS, which is a branch of Ubuntu.
Step 1: Running Wallet
- Download Linux binary for Sugarchain Wallet: https://github.com/sugarchain-project/sugarchain/releases/latest
- Once downloaded, extract the file to any location (for example: /home/(user)/Documents/Sugarchain_Wallet/) (Make sure there are no spaces in the file directory)
- Head to the location you extracted to and open sugarchain-0.16.3>>bin. Once there, copy the folder address.
- Open Terminal and type
cd, and in front of
cd paste the location of the file. For example:
- Once completed, run
./sugarchain-qt command. The wallet should have opened. Important: Do not close terminal if not wallet will close
- Let wallet sync
Step 2: Wallet Setup
- Once the wallet has fully synced, go to Settings>>Options>>Open Configuration File. A text file should have opened.
- In the text file, copy and paste the following:
rpcuser=(anything you want)
rpcpassword=(anything you want)
- Close the text file and leave wallet running
Step 3: Miner setup
Open new terminal window and type:
git clone https://github.com/cryptozeny/cpuminer-opt-sugarchain.git
The command should have cloned the git to /home/(user)
Open the folder and copy and paste the folder address into cd command (for example: /home/(user)/cpuminer-opt-sugarchain/):
- Once the directory has been set, paste the following into Terminal:
sudo apt-get install -y \
build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libgmp-dev automake zlib1g-dev && \
git clone https://github.com/cryptozeny/cpuminer-opt-sugarchain.git && \
cd cpuminer-opt-sugarchain && \
./build-yespower.sh && \
- Let cpuminer build and wait until it is finished
- Once finished, you are ready to start mining
Step 4: Start Mining!
- First, make sure the wallet is running Important: Wallet must be running and fully synced when mining, if not mining will stop.
- In a new Terminal, type the following
./cpuminer -a yespower -o http://127.0.0.1:34229 --no-longpoll -u (same as rpcuser) -p (same as rpcpassword) --coinbase-addr=(your sugarchain address) -t1 (increase number to add more hashing power) --api-bind=127.0.0.1:4049
- Congrats, you are now solo mining!